I’m pretty excited for this race!!! On Jan. 18 I’ll be running the Key West Half Marathon! It’s going to be a blast! You should join me if you can!
Here’s why I’m excited (in no particular order)…
1. It’s in Key West, Florida! Home to pirates, poets, & vagabonds. I’ve only been there once, and that was for 24 hours only, but I loved the laid back, anything goes, fun times vibes. I can’t wait to go back!
2. I spoke with the race director and she told me her main goal is for this to be a fun race with a fun after-party. I love that!
3. My sister ran this race last year and said it was an absolute blast! And Runner’s World just called it like the top destination 13.1 in USA!
4. Look at these race shirts. So over the top. I can’t wait to wear mine!
5. Look at these medals. They are conch shells with an actual wine stopper at the bottom. Colorful and practical!
6. My mom, dad, sis, & some friends will be running it too! It’s my dad’s first half. Should be a good first one!
7. It’s a running race. And running is my favorite!
Anyways, I’ll be writing more about this as I prepare for this race. But in the mean time, if you want to register, better hurry up, it’s on way to selling out! http://www.keywesthalfmarathon.com/
And get this, if you can’t make it to Key West, well you can run a virtual race and still get all the cool swag.
Here’s the link for the virtual race: http://www.keywesthalfmarathon.com/virtual-race/
So there you go, kids! Good times ahead!
How bout you? Want to join us? How over the top awesome are those shirts? Holla at me if you’ll be joining in person or virtually!