***Sorry I don’t have any photos to go along with my post today…but then again, maybe you’ll be grateful.*** So something interesting happened on my morning run. But first, you should know a few things about the situation:
- Part of this run took me along a paved hike and bike trail.
- This trail is NOT in an isolated area. It connects two neighborhoods and passes a large apartment complex.
- The trail is one mile long, but ¾ of the trail goes through one of the neighborhoods. However, the other ¼ there are no houses adjacent.
- We had a really massive storm overnight. So the ground this morning was wet. That made it possible for me to see the footprints of those who ran before me on the trail.
- Also, it was morning, that meant there was daylight.
Despite all that, one person decided it was the perfect setting for a nude photo shoot.
I had just turned a corner on the section that is not adjacent to any houses. There I saw a tripod with an iPhone attached to the top. There was a large professional lens attached to the iPhone. Someone was planning to take some artsy photos.
The subject was in front of the camera. He was disrobing. A pile of clothes lay on the ground. He didn’t see me at first because he was taking off his shirt. All he had left to remove was the white g-string he was down to (thank goodness I didn’t arrive 15 seconds later).
Then he saw me. He had the most embarrassed expression I have ever seen on a human face. He hurried to put his jeans back on, but it was too late. I was running after all and was about to pass him. He surrendered to the situation with slumped shoulders.
I gave him a wave, he dropped his head.
Now that my back was to him, I had a sudden fear. My mind flashbacked to the ending of ‘American Beauty’ where then military man who tried to kiss Kevin Spacey was so embarrassed that he shoots him in the head. I don’t know where the budding model would’ve hidden a gun, but I picked up the pace in case.
I made it home safely, but with a head full of questions…
Who was the photo for? Where would he post his ‘art’? Why did he think he would be alone on a popular hike and bike trail? What is the title of his piece? And most importantly…Why oh why couldn’t he had been a nude woman???
How bout you? Can you answer any of the above questions?